OK, I’ll be honest - I started composing this post yesterday when it was freezing cold and raining continuously (again) here in Norfolk. I actually had the heating on by midday because I couldn’t take the cold anymore. And yet, there I was, trying to get into a warm, springtime frame of mind - I gave up in the end, I couldn't summon the enthusiasm when I was sitting there in jumpers listening to the rain beating down on the roof. But today is gorgeous: sunshine and blue skies - springtime is a confusing month, you never know what you're supposed to wear!
What a difference a day makes: the view from my studio yesterday and today:
So, with the sun shining today it's time for some positive thinking: spring is here, summer’s on its way, and there will be a time again very soon when we can leave the house without wondering whether to wear a coat. And, with that in mind my Theme of the Month for May is ‘Hello Spring’ - and to help things along I’m concentrating on all those lovely sorbet, ice-cream, summery pastel colours to get us all in the mood. The website home page has had a makeover too!
The next few weeks are going to see, not only the flowers arriving in the garden, but Father’s Day too! Time to celebrate all those lovely Dads and Grandads…
Here’s a roundup of goodies to help you get into the spring mood, along with some early Father’s Day gift ideas for those of you that like to get organised!
1) ‘Prince Charming’ personalised canvas print, from £18.50 - not just for the Royal baby, celebrate your own little prince with this sweet nursery print in fresh blue (‘Princess’ version also available)
2) Wooden Photo Block, £24.75- a chunky solid wood block featuring your favourite photo, personalised with your own wording, and completed with a beautiful Annie Sloane wax finish.
3) Family Print, ‘Tree’ Design, £15.95 - available in a choice of colours and styles, these contemporary prints celebrate your family, plus there’s a special version also available just for grandparents - perfect for Grandad this Father’s Day! (Great wedding gift idea too)
4) ‘Garden’ Wall Sign, £17.95 - available in a wide choice of colour options this hardwearing signs are made to order from tough acrylic and so can be displayed indoors or outdoors: a fun gift for a keen gardener.
5) BRAND NEW! Floral Initial Prints, from £16.95 - printed on absolutely beautiful traditional moulded watercolour paper, these stunning prints are a beautiful piece for your wall; available in a choice of colours too
6) ‘Life is More Fun’ personalised canvas print, from £18.50 - perfect for Father’s Day, this design can be personalised with any name or title you wish (Dad, Daddy, Gramps, etc) - a sweet gift for a fun dad or grandad.
7) Father’s Day personalised print, £15.95 - available in a choice of colours and wording options, these prints will leave your Dad or Grandad in no doubt as to how much you love him!
8) Floral Photo Blocks, from £22.50 - these stunning wooden blocks are beautifully made and finished, in a choice of colour and word options, three sides of each block features your favourite photos.
9) ‘Timeline’ personalised print, £18.95 - celebrate all the important moments of your life together! Perfect for a romantic anniversary gift, this is also a sweet present for a wedding or Father’s Day too.
I’ll be posting a round up of more fun gift ideas for Father’s Day in the next couple of weeks - and keep your eyes open for a special offer coming soon too!