Wednesday, 29 March 2017
These are an addition to the range of stunning handmade wooden photo gifts already available on the site, and I think they'll be absolutely perfect to celebrate your family or mark an important event such as a wedding or anniversary - ideal for Mother's Day or Father's Day too!
Each block is created from solid wood and has the 'Family' lettering on two sides, plus your own photos on the remaining sides - featuring 12 of your favourite photos in total. The blocks are carefully sanded and hand waxed with Annie Sloan wax to give a wonderfully beautiful aged look. With gorgeous sepia tones to compliment the wood, you can arrange the blocks any way you wish: in a tower, in a row - change their layout every day, and turn the blocks to change the photos on view.
These handmade blocks are part of a lovely range of wooden photo gifts, created for me by a small independent business based in the South of England. Their attention to detail is wonderful, and their items are really special. Take a look at the PhotoFairytales website now to view the full range.
With wedding season upon us now, these will make a really unique gift for the bride and groom - something they will treasure and enjoy forever. Looking for a Fifth Wedding Anniversary present? The 5th anniversary is represented with wood, so these wooden blocks would make a perfect gift!
I really recommend these (I've got a set of 'Dad' blocks in the same style here at home which my daughter gave to her dad for Father's Day), so do take a look at the rest of the items available.
Friday, 10 March 2017
Before you know it Mother's Day will be here, so it's time to start planning that special gift for her!
Mums are experts at being organised and getting things done on time: don't let her down on Mother's Day, get super organised and order that unique personalised present now. Something that's been made to order, just for her...
- 'Mum is Never Wrong' print, available in a choice of colours, £14.50
- 'Kitchen' design wall sign, available in a choice of colours, other designs available, £17.95
- 'Practically Perfect' canvas print, other designs also available, from £16.95
- 'Housework' Vintage personalised print, £14.50
- 'Springtime' handmade board book, other designs also available £25
- 'Everything Stops for Tea' personalised mug, many other designs available, £12.75
- Personalised Newspaper, available framed or unframed, from £15.95
- Supermum personalised print, available in various wording options, £14.50
- 'Mummy' personalised hand painted plate, available in a choice of colours, £21.50
Don't forget, there's free UK delivery on all items too. There are loads more great gift ideas over on the website, so do take time to have a good browse! Please order soon as all items are handmade to order and take time to complete before they can be dispatched. See the PhotoFairytales website for full details.
Wednesday, 1 March 2017
Pinch and a punch for the first of the month!
It's March already, what have you got planned for the month? Nothing exciting in your diary? Well, worry not, I've found some special dates for you to pencil in and add a little sparkle (kind of) to your day...
- NATIONAL PIG DAY – March 1st A day for celebrating all things swine related (I'm not sure having a bacon sandwich counts).
- NATIONAL COLD CUTS DAY – March 3rd Absolutely not related in any way to the event that took place two days previously.
- NATIONAL FROZEN FOOD DAY – March 6th Fish fingers, chips and peas for dinner tonight then...
- NATIONAL CROWN ROAST OF PORK DAY – March 7th Is it me, or is there a theme playing out for March..?
- NATIONAL PROOFREADING DAY – March 8th The day four cheking you're righting and tpying does'nt have any mistooks and is perfcet.
- NATIONAL MEATBALL DAY – March 9th But not pork ones hopefully...
- NATIONAL PLANT A FLOWER DAY – March 12th Ah, that's more like it - sounds nice!
- NATIONAL EARMUFF DAY – March 13th Rain or shine I'll be wearing mine, will you?!
- NATIONAL CHILDREN’S CRAFT DAY – March 14th Pritt stick and glitter at the ready! Followed by damp cloth and hoover in overdrive...
- EVERYTHING YOU THINK IS WRONG DAY – March 15th Yes, you're right, what you thought is wrong today. But it'll be right again tomorrow so don't worry.
- ST. PATRICK’S DAY – March 17th See, a proper day - celebrate by having a Guinness.
- NATIONAL AWKWARD MOMENTS DAY – March 18th Celebrate this day by doing that thing when you meet someone walking towards you on the pavement and both step in the same direction.
- NATIONAL POULTRY DAY – March 19th If nothing else at least it gives pigs a day off.
- NATIONAL PUPPY DAY – March 23rd Awwww......
- RED NOSE DAY - March 24th Don't forget to donate
- NATIONAL SPINACH DAY – March 26th Yum! (Or yuk, depending on your preference)
- NATIONAL BUNSEN BURNER DAY – March 31st The day for marking the birthday of German chemist Robert Wilhelm Eberhard von Bunsen who invented the telephone. No, just kidding, he invented the Bunsen Burner. Not sure how you'd celebrate this one, but you've got a whole month to plan.
See, barely a day to get bored in March! Oh, and the first day of spring is on the 20th too, so it just gets better and better!
Monday, 27 February 2017
I've just introduced two new designs to my existing range of personalised board books - including one that will be perfect for Mother's Day!
Since I introduced my new handmade board books at the end of last year, I've received some fabulous feedback. It's also been really interesting to discover who the books are being given to - to begin with a lot were being bought for youngsters as Christmas gifts, but it soon became apparent that my customers were being rather inventive with their books! I've received orders in foreign languages (to help spouses with their studies!), orders for birthdays and christenings, honeymoon keepsake books, bon voyage books, lots and lots of 'I know we're moving/live far away, but don't forget us' books, quite a few lovely adoption books, Valentine theme books, and loads more!
To keep up the new tradition, when I started designing one of my latest books ('Springtime', pictured above), I wanted to create a book with parents in mind - something that would work really well for babies and toddlers, but would also make a really unique and special present for Mother's Day, Father's Day or for new parents/adopting parents. So this book is full of parent and child images - gorgeous illustrations of animals with a soft, pastel colour scheme that I think will appeal to all ages.
So if you're looking for something really different for Mother's Day for a new mum, or perhaps granny, this could fit the bill perfectly!
The other new design I've introduced is quite different. The 'Jungle' design is full of bright and colourful animals in really bold colours. Something that will appeal to both little boys and girls, with cute friendly jungle animals on every page. The existing 'Farmyard' design is one of my most popular, and I'm hoping that the new 'Jungle' theme will give customers an extra choice with plenty of colour!
You can find all the designs (there are now 9, and I have more ideas in my head so watch this space!) over on the PhotoFairytales personalised board book page here.
I really hope you like the new designs!
Friday, 10 February 2017
Put some love on their wall this Valentine's Day!
There's still time to order an 8x10" personalised print in time for Valentine's Day.
Make sure your order is placed by 3pm this Sunday and it will be completed and dispatched via 1st class recorded delivery on Monday.
Shown above: Personalised Timeline Prints
Celebrate all the most important moments of your lives together with this romantic contemporary print in a clean and simple design. Available in a wide choice of colours, 8x10" size £16.50 including P&P
Scroll down for more gift ideas...
- 'Waves in the Sea' personalised 10x8" print, more designs available £14.50
- 'Bowls' personalised 10x8" print, available in a choice of colours £14.50
- 'Kissing' Vintage Print a fun personalised gift with a nostalgic feel, other designs available only £14.50
- 'I Love My Home' personalised 8x10" print, available in a choice of colours only £14.50
- Family Prints personalised 8x10" print, in a choice of styles and colours £14.50
- 'You Rock My World' personalised 8x10" print, other designs available £14.50
- 'Written in the Stars' personalised 8x10" print, other designs available £14.50
- 'Love You This Much' personalised 8x10" print, in a choice of colours £14.50
Don't forget: you must have your order placed by 3pm this Sunday if you need delivery in time for Valentine's Day! Visit the PhotoFairytales site today
Tuesday, 7 February 2017
Top pick of the best handmade, personalised gift ideas for you this Valentine's Day...
- 'Nature' design personalised Love Poem, shown in black and white - other colours and designs available, from £14.50
- 'Summer of Love' personalised mug - wide choice of other designs also available, £12.75
- Love Gift Box - mini hamper, personalised and full of treats and a special personalised love note too, £16.95
- 'You Rock My World' personalised print, part of a range of personalised Love Prints, from £14.50
- 'Ding Dong' personalised wall sign (interior or exterior use), part of a range of designs available in a wide choice of colours, £17.95
- 'Love Story' personalised canvas print, wide choice of designs available, from £16.95
Visit the PhotoFairytales website now for even more great gift ideas for your loved one - but don't leave it too late to order a bespoke and personalised gift!
Monday, 6 February 2017
Valentine's Day is just around the corner - have you started thinking about that special gift yet??!
You've put up with the snoring, you've put that row about the TV remote behind you, and you've worked out whose turn it is to put the bin out - so now its time to put a little romance back into your heart with these gorgeous Valentine gift ideas!
This year I've introduced a fabulous new little mini-hamper - a little giftwrapped box filled with romantic treats your loved one will have fun discovering! Only £16.95, the box is personalised and comes with a special love note featuring your own message to your partner. Outrageously romantic, and really unique.
Don't leave it too late though - time is getting short to order that special personalised present in time for Valentine's Day!